Every member of the public can help stop the spread of aquatic invasive species in Ireland. Even if you do not go fishing, boating and have a garden pond you can still report what you see. If you do see a plant you think might be an aquatic invasive species please contact us with details of where you saw it, when and if possible include a photo – nearly ever mobile phone can take photo.
Anglers and boaters
Inspect, remove, clean, dispose, notify.
- Inspect all equipment that has been in the water, boats, trailers, engines waders etc. for attached vegetation or obvious animal life before moving to another waterway or catchment.
- Remove any plant or animal material from the equipment before relocating to another watercourse or section of waterway. Ensure that all water is drained from the boats and equipment before transportation to another site.
- Clean all equipment with a power hose using hot water (>60c) where possible.
- Dispose of all invasive plant and animal material off site. This material should be contained in sealed bags or containers prior to removal to a composting facility or landfill.
- Notify your local Fisheries Board or anyone on the CAISIE project immediately if you see any invasive species in waterways in your area.